I decided to share with you all a fantastic and tasty recipe today.
So last Sunday, my man decides to put a little spin on regular quinoa….
The flavors of the cilantro, garlic, black beans, and corn all come together to give a succulent and pleasant arrest
of the taste senses. I had to have seconds of this delicious and healthy concoction.
Yes, it is THAT good!
- - 1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
- - 1 Onion, chopped
- - 3 Cloves Garlic, peeled & chopped
- - 3/4 Cup Uncooked Quinoa
- - 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Broth
- - 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- - 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- - Salt & Pepper to taste
- - 1 Cup Frozen Corn Kernels
- - 2 (15 ounce) Cans Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- - 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic, and saute until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth.
- Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through.
- Mix in the black beans and cilantro.
- ~ Serve warm or refrigerate for a cold side dish ~
Happy Thursday & Thanks for visiting!